For all inquiries on warranty and returns, please contact us at: email@example.com
Each new WAU Bike comes with a limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects. Warranty claims only cover manufacturer defects that were already present at the time of handover. WAU Motors offers a 1-year guarantee for manufacturing defects resulting in the failure of the frame, fork, and electronics. This includes the motor, controller, display, and sensors. Battery is covered under 6 Months manufacture guaranteed. WAU Bike is intended for use on paved road only.
Condition on Arrival
If your product arrives damaged on your doorstep, please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days from the date of delivery. Please note, any damage during transit is not covered by any warranty from WAU, however, a claim may be filed with the shipping company.
Manufacture defect only applies if the following points are met:
• If bike was purchased directly from WAU, Indiegogo, or any one of our official distributors and dealers.
• If you are the original/first owner of the bike. Warranty is not transferable in case of a re-sale.
• If your WAU has followed all intended use purposes.
• If all electronics have NOT been modified or repaired.
Please note: All disassembly and shipment costs incurred will be the sole responsibility of the owner. WAU will cover shipping fees for replacement parts to those that satisfied all warranty conditions stated above. This warranty is not transferable and is only valid for the original/ first owner of the bike. This warranty period cannot be extended. Any other remedy, including compensation or loss of use, is excluded.
Your warranty does not cover:
• Normal wear and tear, including but not limit to wear of tires, hand grips, brake pads and scratches to the frame and/or seat.
• Damage or failure caused by accident, abuse, neglect, or any misuse.
• Damage from stunt riding, ramp jumping or any similar activities that are not aligned with the intended use purposes.
• Damages caused by improper charging of the C3 Battery Pack or using a third-party charger not supplied by WAU or its dealers.
• Damages for both electronic and physical key is not covered under the warranty.
• Damages caused by installation using third party parts, accessories, or electrical components.
• Any components that have been modified or tampered with, including but not limited to motors, C3 battery pack, brake pads, lights, tires, displays, controller etc.
• Warranty is deemed invalid if the bike is used for any purpose other than the intended use of the bike, please see our “Intended Use” section for more information.
• Warranty excludes damages associated with commercial or rental use.
• If electrical parts have been repaired, replaced, or modified by a person not authorized by WAU, all warranties are voids.
Wear and Tear
Some components on your bike are subject to wear and tear owing to their function. The degree of wear can is determined on the care, maintenance and the use of your WAU Bike. Bikes that are often left outside are also subject to increased wear caused by weather condition. Parts must be replaced once they reach their wear limit, these include but not limited to:
• Drive chain
• Brake cables and pads
• Gear Cables
• Rims/ Disc brakes
Your brake pads and disks are subject to wear due to the nature of their function. Check the condition and the thickness of the brake pads regularly, and if necessary, have them replaced by a bike specialist. Replacing these parts due to wear is not subject to the statutory warranty. Environmental factors can cause wear on these moving parts. Therefore, these areas must be regularly cleaned and maintained.
We stand by the quality of our products and do not accept returns on used or opened items. Every WAU bike is made to order, thus If you wish to return your unopened and unused bike, we will offer a refund with 25% deduction on your overall order. This offer is valid for 14 days from the day of receipt.
We offer a full refund for cancellation within 24 hours from the time of purchase. Any other call cancellation after the initial 24 hours falls under “order prior to shipping”. Orders cancelled prior to shipping are subject to a £200 cancellation and restocking fee. Orders cancelled after the item has shipped are subject to all standard return policies. You must accept delivery and ship the item back to the correct address. If the item was refused on delivery, return shipping fees are deducted from the issued credit and a 25% restocking fee (Minimum £25) will apply. And shipping costs will not be credited if delivery is refused.